19 July 2010

I've thought of all the things I'd like to say...

I've been tossing around some ideas for organizing my blog. Some of the blogs that I most enjoy reading have a weekly post schedule. Certain topics are posted about on Mondays, another topic is posted about on Tuesday, and so on throughout the week. I don't know why I feel the need to schedule posts for my blog like this, but these bloggers never seem to run out of things to say. It might challenge me to write about something other than teaching, too, since I did revamp this blog and state in my first post that I didn't want it to be all about teaching.   At the same time, I feel like it might limit me. If I'm supposed to post about--I don't know, the book I'm currently reading--on Thursday, I would feel like I would have to. Even if I didn't want to.

Plus, I suppose the whole weekly schedule of posts really works best for lifestyle blogs, and this is not a lifestyle blog. At least, it's not a blog about an interesting or worthwhile lifestyle. I'm not being self-deprecating in that statement. I just lead a rather boring life, and I've come to terms with that.  There's not much to it right now. Maybe there will be later, but at this point, scheduling my blog around all of the interesting things I do on a daily basis seems a touch inappropriate.

In other news, I want to see this.



This may be my shortest blog post yet.

PS- The title of this post is a line from the song "Can't Finish What You Started" by Motion City Soundtrack. Need to give credit where credit is due. 

No comments: